Certificate of Public Health & Nutrition Promotion
Flexible Course in Public Health and Nutrition Promotion
Public health is emerging as a key area of health. It is involved with both fixing and preventing health problems by focusing on groups rather than individual clinical cases. Public health is unique as it combines social, behavioural, environmental, nutritional and health sciences to promote health for the entire community. Job growth in this area is predicted to soar over the next four years.
|Course Delivery||Correspondence (distance education) delivery (you do not need to attend lectures or exams).
All course materials including printed course texts, workbooks and electronic files supplied.
Accredited Australian nutrition and health professionals to support your learning
|Course Duration||40-60 hours self-paced (students have up to 6 months to complete the course).|
|Course Fee||$ 795 includes all course materials, prescribed texts and assessment marking fees.|
|Course Assessment||Students complete variety of written assessments. Individuals currently involved in a relevant field will have the opportunity to develop and present a Professional Development Manual based on an actual public health or health promotion projects.|
|The Certificate of Public Health & Nutrition Promotion covers the concepts, principles and practical application skills for effective involvement in public health and nutrition promotion projects. It is suitable for both new learners or as ongoing professional development for individuals with existing specialist / clinical / community health or social work qualifications and experience. The course is a unique blend of public health and practical study of current health and nutrition guidelines. It provides a comprehensive outline to allow learners to plan, deliver, tailor, communicate and promote health and nutrition messages and initiatives in a range of group, community and workplace settings including schools, childcare, sporting and recreation clubs and the media.|
Modules Covered in the Certificate of Public Health & Nutrition Promotion:
1. Introduction to public health
2. Health and nutrition promotion
3. Contemporary issues in public health
4. National, state, and local health policies, guidelines and projects
5. Priority population groups for health and nutrition promotion
7. Identifying needs and planning public health projects
8. Implementing and evaluating public health projects
9. Working with communities, community development and motivating groups
10. Social marketing and health education
11. International health promotion priorities
12. Effective public health promotion practices
13. Health and nutrition promotion in the media.
For detailed course outline or for questions regarding this course please email us