Certificate of Health, Nutrition & Weight Loss Coaching course
Flexible nutrition and health coaching course. The Certificate of Health, Nutrition & Weight Loss Coaching course explores the nutrition, motivation and lifestyle strategies for weight loss and healthy body weight coaching. Understand how to help coach individuals and groups for fat loss, weight loss and healthy optimal body composition to reduce chronic disease risk using practical, motivational and scientifically-validated nutritional and lifestyle strategies.
Course Fee: $450 (AUD) includes all course materials (both printed courses materials sent via express post and and complete online course materials) and ongoing learning support from highly qualified nutrition and education professionals. AfterPay instalment payments available.
Course Duration: 50 hours self-paced over 6 months. You can complete your courses as quickly as you like or extend your studies at no extra cost (conditions apply).
Course Delivery: Distance & Online Flexible Study
Professional membership and insurance as a Weight Loss Consultant
- Course Pathways: The Certificate of Health, Nutrition & Weight Loss Coaching is one of three subjects in our Advanced Certificate of Nutrition & Health (Health & Nutrition Coaching) course which gives you the option to register and access insurance as a Health & Nutrition Coach.
- Completing the Certificate of Health, Nutrition & Weight Loss Coaching as well as our Certificate of Nutrition & Diet will give you the option to register and access insurance as a Weight Loss Consultant (must complete both courses – you can bundle these 2 courses together within our Advanced Certificate of Nutrition – total study hours 100 for the bundle price of $750). To find out more about membership and insurance as Weight Loss Consultant please visit our information page.
Certificate of Health, Nutrition & Weight Loss Course Delivery Details
- Self paced, online and distance study (no need to attend lectures or exams)
- Comprehensive course text (included in course pack)
- Learning Activities Booklets (included in course pack)
- Latest Health Research Links and Readings (included in course pack)
Learning Support: Ongoing study support from highly-qualified, accredited nutrition and education professionals.
Assessment: Untimed, open-book assessment that you complete in your own time. Combination of multiple choice, short answer and case study questions.
Course Rationale: Every day in Australia more than 600 adults progress from being overweight to obese. There is no simple solution to obesity – weight loss and effective long term body weight management requires commitment to permanently change eating and exercise habits. The Certificate of Health Nutrition & Weight Loss Coaching explores the latest health, nutrition and lifestyle research and guidelines in a common-sense, user-friendly format. Understand how to use practical and effective nutrition and lifestyle strategies to achieve and maintain healthy body weight.
Certificate of Health, Nutrition & Weight Loss Coaching
- Module 1: Health Impact of Excess Body Weight
- Module 2: Assessing overweight and obesity (Focus Point: Link between body weight, metabolic syndrome and diabetes)
- Module 3: Energy Balance (Focus Point: Causes of Obesity: Nature Vs Nurture)
- Module 4: Nutritional strategies to achieve and maintain a healthy body weight (Focus Point: Effective Weight Loss Diet Assessments)
- Module 5: Carbohydrates, the Glycaemic Index and weight management
- Module 6: Dietary Fats, body weight and diabetes (Focus Point: Diabetes, Cholesterol and Cardiovascular Disease)
- Module 7: Protein, body weight and type 2 diabetes (Focus Point: Protein, appetite and weight loss)
- Module 8: Body fat storage and utilisation (Focus Point: Eating and Appetite)
- Module 9: Physical activity for weight loss and body weight management
- Module 10: Stress, emotions and body weight issues
- Module 11: Behaviour modification, motivation and weight loss (Focus Point: Making changes: Action plan to lose weight and achieve optimal body composition)
- Module 12: Diet, physical activity and behavioural strategies for preventing and managing overweight and obesity in children and teenagers
- Module 13: Socioeconomic and psychological influences on health & wellbeing
- Module 14: Models of health behaviour and change
- Module 15: Sleep and health
The Certificate of Health, Nutrition & Weight Loss Coaching includes practical strategies, food, nutrition and lifestyle suggestions to help achieve a healthy body weight and optimal body composition.
Course Tutor – Nutritionist Kristen Beck
- Master of Human Nutrition (Deakin University) – Vice Chancellor’s Award for Outstanding Achievement
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education Studies (Higher Education) (Macquarie University
- Bachelor of Health Science (University of New England)
- Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy
- Diploma of Nutrition
- Diploma of Herbal Medicine
- Diploma of Homoeopathy
- Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment
- Registered Nutritionist and member of Nutrition Society of Australia (Member Number: 1624).
- Accredited Nutritionist and member of Australian Traditional Medicine Society (Member Number: 8542).
- To read more about Kristen’s qualifications and industry experience click here.
“Simple and straight forward yet complete course material that is easy to understand” Dr Elizabeth Manickam, VIC
“Notes were easy to follow, assessment paper clear and easy to follow. Research papers an added bonus” Christine Soper, VIC
“I liked every aspect of the course, especially the easy to read textbook. I found the course very enjoyable” Ashleigh Burton, WA
“Thanks heaps Kristen! It is people like yourself that we rely on for nutritional info. I thought I knew a lot about nutrition before but I am blown away with the things l learned and how confident I now am in my understanding of nutrition”. Shane Jones, VIC
“The course gave me invaluable information regarding healthy weight management that was practical and easy to apply to real life. Easy to navigate through the course work (I liked the way the course was presented and packaged)” Stephne Ceicys, SA.
“I didn’t have a lot of schooling background but was thrilled by how much I learned during this course. Thank you”. Leeanne VIC.
“I found the course challenging but very interesting. I had no idea nutrition was so involved. I can’t believe how much I learnt” Rachel. SA.
“Loads of info that can easily be put into practical use” Jennifer Barnes, Q
Professional membership & insurance as a Weight Loss Consultant
Completing the Certificate of Health, Nutrition & Weight Loss Coaching as well as our Certificate of Nutrition & Diet will give you the option to take out professional membership and access insurance as a Weight Loss Consultant (must complete both courses (total study hours 100). These courses can be bundled together in our Advanced Certificate of Nutrition ($750).