AusActive (Fitness Australia) 10 CEC Nutrition Course – Nutrition Coaching to Optimise Mental Wellbeing
The Nutrition for Mental Wellbeing course explores the underlying nutritional science and physiology of how food and our diet can influence mental health and wellbeing. The self-paced, flexible and user-friendly course is a fascinating exploration of how our brain, nervous system, neurotransmitters, hormones, body fat levels and distribution can impact our stress levels and mental wellbeing.
Nutrition for Mental Wellbeing explores nutritional concepts and practical strategies for fitness professionals to coach clients to improve their diets to optimise mental wellbeing. The course covers brain and nervous system function, the stress response, neurotransmitter, adrenal and hormonal function and how diet and body shape can impact on our stress levels and mental health.
The self-paced, online nutrition course includes both printed course materials as well as on-demand video tutorials and optional online zoom learning sessions.
Course Fee $250 (introductory price – includes complete, printed course pack as well as online access to all learning materials (on-demand video lectures, complete course text, readings and support materials).
AUSActive (Fitness Australia) CEC Approval Code: 05215FA
This course can be bundled with our 15 CEC Nutrition & Diet course for the discounted price of $495.00
Self-paced over 6 months. You can complete as quickly as you wish or you can extend your studies at no extra cost (conditions apply).
Learning Support: Access to optional, online zoom sessions to support your learning. Plus email and online discussion forums with other learners.
Course Certificate: A personalised certificate with 10 AusActive CECs will be awarded upon successful completion of this course.
Course Structure – Nutrition for Mental Wellbeing course (10 CECs)
- Module 1: How diet impacts mental wellbeing and brain function (measuring dietary quality, reviewing global research and considering the role of the food system and processing in diet quality)
- Module 2: The brain, mental wellbeing and the stress response (including the role of neurotransmitters and the adrenal system)
- Module 3: Healthy weight and mental wellbeing (inflammatory responses, body composition, visceral fat deposition and hormonal impact of overweight and underweight).
- Module 4: Carbohydrate, brain function and mental wellbeing (why choosing the right types of carbohydrates can make you feel happier and calmer – and why choosing the wrong ones make you feel worse)
- Module 5: Protein, brain function and mental wellbeing (choosing the healthiest protein foods for optimal mental wellbeing, body composition and neurotransmitter production)
- Module 6: Dietary fat, brain function and mental wellbeing (balancing dietary fat intake to reduce systemic inflammation and abdominal fat)
- Module 7: Foods, hydration, nutrients and bacteria associated with mental wellbeing (all of the research into the gut microbiome, probiotic and prebiotic foods as well as individual nutrients that are associated with mental wellbeing)
- Module 8: Physical activity, brain function, stress and mental wellbeing (research review into how different exercise programs can influence mental wellbeing)
- Module 9: Practical application and strategies to support your clients to optimise mental wellbeing with diet
Course Tutor: Nutritionist, Health Scientist and regular FILEX presenter Kristen Beck (Master of Human Nutrition, Bachelor of Health Science, Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy). To find out more about Kristen’s qualifications and experience click here
What our students say about our Nutrition for Mental Wellbeing course
“The content was engaging and incredibly interesting, I appreciated the opportunities to apply the knowledge learned progressively throughout the course. I’ve really enjoyed this course and felt it provided a thorough insight into the principles of supporting mental health and wellbeing through diet and exercise. I only wish I could do this full time! It has fuelled the fire and I’m really excited to learn more about this topic I’m so passionate about. Thank you Kristen and team!” Stef Rankin, QLD.
“Kristen the course is a fantastic cornerstone for all fitness professionals. The level of detail is outstanding and I hope you keep creating more courses. You are a remarkable professional and a great teacher” Michelle T. QLD.
To enrol online (secure credit card payment, instalment or EFT payment options) Click here